The Fam

The Fam

Vivian Grey

Vivian Grey

Easton Mason

Easton Mason

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Heaven on Earth

Spencer and I had a wonderful time in Austin this weekend celebrating our 1 year anniversary.  We left Friday afternoon and headed straight to our hotel in downtown.  We changed and went down to the warehouse district for some drinks.  We stood on the rooftop of some bar and listened to live music.  It was a perfect night to be outside.  Saturday we drove to San Marcos to visit the outlet mall and to have my favorite hamburger in the whole world from the Tap Room...I can still taste sweet bun on my lips.  We headed back to Austin and changed to get ready for the Final Four games. Apparently I thought I was a baller too that night and went drink for drink with Spencer. Boy was that a big mistake. 

I woke up Sunday morning around 7am feeling surprisingly well and went for a run around Town Lake. Five miles later I no longer felt surprisingly well and wanted to pump everything out of my stomach.  After hours of (self inflicted) agonizing pain we had our massages and went to dinner at Roys.  They had a special table set up for us when we arrived with a special message inserted inside our menu.  The food was amazing and so was the service.  After dinner we went back to our hotel room and pulled out our 1 year anniversary cake and polished it off. 



It was a great weekend and I couldn't imagine spending it with anyone else (mainly because I married Spencer so it would be weird to celebrate with someone else).  I still can't believe it has been a whole year but I guess time flys when you're having fun.

On a side note, Sunday morning when we were getting into the elevator a girl was stepping out with her friends and said "this hotel is so amazing, it's like heaven on earth". We chuckled to ourselves and I thought, that will be my next blog title.

No comments:

Post a Comment