The Fam

The Fam

Vivian Grey

Vivian Grey

Easton Mason

Easton Mason

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

40 Weeks!

I can't believe I'm 40 weeks today.  If you had told me last June that I'd be having a baby in April of this year I probably would have slapped you across the face and cried in my closet.  I was so distraught last summer that I couldn't fathom having a baby let alone one so soon.  I feel truly blessed to be bringing a new life into this world.  The emotion I feel is so overwhelming.  I was in the car with Spencer on Sunday night and the Kenny Chesney song, "Don't Blink", came on and I just started bawling.  Spencer almost pulled the car over because he thought I was having painful contractions...nope I'm just an emotional basket case.  The line in the song that says, "Life goes faster than you think" is so true.  I'm actually tearing up just writing this. 

Aaahhh

Moving right along, if Miss Vivian doesn't come on her own today then we are heading to the hospital tomorrow night to be induced.  I have mixed emotions about the whole process but I know I'm in good hands.  Here is the last photo I plan to have taken before delivery.  I still can't believe there is a baby inside me. 


1 comment:

  1. You look AWESOME! I didn't even know you had a blog until Cathy forwarded to me! I'm wishing you much much much joy with little Vivian.

    And, you will continue to be an emotional basketcase. It comes with motherhood. I remember having to pull over when Morgan was an infant because the Jesus Take the Wheel song came on and I lost it at the part where she slide across a thin sheet of ice and the baby was in the back seat. Ok... now I'm tearing up. And, my baby's 4!

    Welcome to the club Alyssa.

    ReplyDelete