The Fam

The Fam

Vivian Grey

Vivian Grey

Easton Mason

Easton Mason

Friday, June 24, 2011

Got Milk?

I do.  I have lots of milk.  Milk in the fridge, milk in the freezer, milk in the deep freezer.  I have more milk than I care to think about.  I know many women would love to have an abundant supply of milk and I wish I appreciated the fact that I do.  Hooking my hooters up to a suck machine is not the most enjoyable task of my day.  I know it saves money, is good for the baby, is good for me, etc but I'm so ready for this little one to be eating solid foods and not my nipps.

I'm not a huge fan of pumping at work.  Having to get my gear prepared, head to a secluded, windowless room and pump my juices dry is just a hassle.  I know women do it all the time but I totally understand why they give up at 4 or 6 months...I will probably jump on that bandwagon. 

It's also difficult trying to make sure you drink enough, eat enough and sleep enough to get everything done in one day.  It was one thing if I was up all night before with her because I could cat nap during the day. Now I'm gone from the house from 7am-6pm and have a few hours to cook dinner, feed Viv, work out, try to clean something (Meadow's hair makes one messy house) and prepare lunches and bottles for the next day...and actually spend time with my baby.  Viv is sleeping pretty good but I'm still up for 2-3 hours during the night feeding, soothing or staring at the ceiling like a zombie. There is no time to catch up on sleep.

Miss Vivian in her crib last night.  She cracks me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment