The Fam

The Fam

Vivian Grey

Vivian Grey

Easton Mason

Easton Mason

Friday, January 17, 2014

Sleepless in Dallas

Just when you think you have your kids on schedule they decide it's time for a change. It has been two weeks now of interrupted sleep at the Mitchell home.  Easton is constantly battling his appetite.  He won't consume more than 5oz at a time but wants to eat every 3 hours.  I thought maybe adding some oatmeal to his diet would help fill his tummy so he could go longer periods of time (ie. at night) but that does not seem to be working.  Instead he just wakes up with the most blood curdling cry in the middle night wanting to be fed.  And I wouldn't say it's the middle of the night, it's more like 3-4am.  Just an hour or two before Spencer and I wake up.  Being deprived of that extra hour a day is wrecking havoc on my mood and appearance.  I understand why mothers age so much faster than other women.  Lack of sleep, stress and screaming does a number on your body. 

Two weeks ago, since I thought I had sleep under control, I decided we would start night training Vivian and stopped putting diapers on her.  She has since been waking up between 12-1am because she has wet her bed.  It doesn't seem to matter if I withhold fluids from her an hour or two before bed or if she evens pees on the pot, she still manages to soak her sheets.  Two nights ago I decided we are not ready for this and put a pull up back on her.  I can't be washing her sheets everyday being that we are gone from the house from 7am-6pm.  I now have a pile of clothes in the laundry room waiting for an opportunity to be cleaned. It's also not helping that Spencer hasn't been getting home until 8 or 9pm. I'm still not sure if I'm mad or jealous about that one.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining but I am. I love my kids but I miss my sleep and sanity.  If you see me passed out on a park bench or face down at a restaurant in a bowl of soup just smile and walk on because if you wake me I'm likely to hurt you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment