The Fam

The Fam

Vivian Grey

Vivian Grey

Easton Mason

Easton Mason

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby Room pt. 1

As I ventured down I-35 this past weekend to catch up with college friends, Spencer and his mom Sherrie slaved away in our bedroom and baby room painting.  I was going to leave the baby's room the way it was but after a little persuasion I decided painting would be a good idea.  Here was the wall color before:
and after

I think it is a good contrast.  Spencer put the crib together and I just placed the bedding in the crib to see what it will look like.  It's so cute.  We don't have a mattress yet so the bumper looks really low in the crib.  I can't wait to start decorating. 


The only issue from the whole weekend was when they unwrapped the dresser two of the drawers had cracks in them.  We should get a new dresser in two weeks and I will finally be able to start loading the drawers with all the baby clothes my co-worker has already given me.  (She has given me enough clothes for Vivian to last until she is six month old.)

Spencer and Sherrie went to the store and bought a basket and wooden letters for her name.  Sherrie also brought the valance and diaper stacker she purchased that matches the bedding.  We are such a lucky family. 

I need to say thank you again to Spencer and Sherrie for all their hard work.  This couldn't have been done so quickly or perfectly without them. :)


2 comments:

  1. I just shoved two crib mattresses up into our attic. You are welcome to use one. Lord knows I'm not planning on EVER using them again!

    If you are headed back this way any time soon, let me know and we can work out the details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have one of your crib mattresses. How much?

    ReplyDelete