The Fam

The Fam

Vivian Grey

Vivian Grey

Easton Mason

Easton Mason

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Diary of a Mad Pregnant Woman

So I finally snapped at someone outside of my immediate family for the first time today.  I woke up this morning completely congested and exhausted.  It's hard to feel like you had a good night sleep when you had only one nostril to breathe through and even that one was clogged.  While I'm getting ready Spencer asked me to take him to work which isn't a huge deal but it is out of my way and causes me to be slightly late.  As we are on the highway I notice I'm out of gas and will have to stop after I drop Spencer off.  I hate filling up the gas tank when it is so cold outside.  I pulled into the Exxon gas station on the SE corner of Lemmon and US75.  For those of you who know this gas station know that it is filled with bums begging for cash.  I didn't want to stop here but I was already late for work and it was right off the highway near my office.  As I'm pumping my tank I see a woman walking towards me.  I'm already agitated and know this will not end well.  She starts to get close and I turn around and put my hand up and say, "Stop, I don't have any money for you."  I start to turn back around and she keeps coming closer and tells me that she doesn't have any gas money and just needs a few dollars.  I turn back around and realize this is the same lady who tried to pull this scam on me the last time I was at this gas station.  So like any hormonal woman would do, I let her have it.  "I wouldn't have any gas money either if I spent it all on crack last night but I didn't.  Now shoo and go sucker someone else."  I wish I could say that I phased her but I didn't.  She just carried on asking everyone that pulled into the gas station for money with her glazed over eyes. 

Is it sad that telling someone off made me feel better?  Probably, but hopefully it will help me sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment